Test Settings for a Test
Explains all the test settings available for a test and how to do the settings.
Step by step Guide
- Carefully do all the settings for the test.
- General Settings
- Test Name: Name of the test e.g. Chemistry 101
- Duration: Total duration of test in minutes (60 minutes = 1 hour)
- Attempts: No. of attempts allowed for a student to appear for test (Unlimited attempts is set for a maximum value of 999 attempts)
- Test Code: It is mandatory for offline test (printing). It should be unique for each test. For simplicity you can start by a combination of subject and number e.g. Chem-01
- Optional Settings
- Instructions: These are the instructions provided/printed at the top of the test e.g. All questions are mandatory or Please read all questions carefully.
- Pause allowed during exam: This will enable the students to pause the exam during attempt and can continue the exam using the resume feature.
- Jumble questions:
- Section wise selection option: You can choose to individually jumble the questions of any number of sections. e.g. For a test containing 3 sections, you can choose to jumble questions for only one section and other two sections will be the same for all students.
- Hide answer in results: This will not show the correct answer after results are published.
- Result medium: This is the medium by which a student is informed about the results.
- After test: This will send the results to students only after the scheduled time for the test is finished. So that everyone gets the result at the same time.
- Advanced Settings
- Marking Scheme: This feature can be used to override the marking scheme of questions from question bank.
- Correct marks
- Wrong marks
- Unanswered marks
- Completion message
- Click Publish at the bottom right to publish the test.
This videos demonstrates step by step process of creating a test using online exam software. In the last part of the video you can learn to do the setting for a test. MegaExams supports a lot of different features to provide a customized test.